STELLAR Schools Agreement|
A STELLAR School is a three-way partnership among the school and school board, STEM~Net
and Cable Atlantic. The following agreement outlines the responsibilities of all
three partners in the formation of a STELLAR School:
School Name _____________________________________________________________
School Address _________________________________________________________
Phone _______________________________ Fax ___________________________
Lead Teacher _________________________ E-mail _________________________
School Principal _____________________ E-mail _________________________
School Board _________________________________________________________
Representative _______________________ E-mail _________________________
In becoming a STELLAR School, the school agrees to the following:
- To provide a LAN within the school and to provide system
supervision for this LAN. The school also agrees that root/administrator
privileges WILL NOT be given to students under any circumstances.
- To assume all responsibility for student use of the system and for any
mis-use of the system by students.
- To ensure that this connection is not used to provide secondary level
(back-door) dial-up into the Cable Atlantic network. The school also
agrees that accounts on this system will not be provided to anyone outside
- To ensure the effective use of this connection to the school. As
part of this, the school will carry out at least three projects in each
of the four years, which make effective use of the services available to
it. These projects must be approved by the District STELLAR Schools
Council. The projects for Year 1 are to be attached to this agreement.
- To enter into the STELLAR Schools High-Speed Agreement, on moving to a
high-speed connection, if the opportunity becomes available in the four
- That failure to continue to meet these requirements at any time during
the four years may result in discontinuation of the project for this
school, on the recommendation of the District STELLAR Schools Council.
- To notify Cable Atlantic of any intended commercial use of the
connection and to negotiate a monthly fee for this use.
- The School Web site must promote and link to the Stellar
School web site.
- That the school agrees to place and maintain any school web pages
available for Internet access on the central server space provided by
STEM~Net for this purpose, until high-speed access becomes available to
the school. This will help reduce the traffic on the SLIP connection to
STEM~Net agrees to the following:
- To provide senior system-administration guidance for the STELLAR School.
- To support STELLAR Schools system manager training for the school LAN
- To provide project coordination for the projects required to be
undertaken by the STELLAR School.
- To provide online resources to assist the school in developing and
carrying out these projects.
Cable Atlantic agrees to the following:
- To provide a dedicated SLIP dial-in line for use by the school and to
move the school connection to a high-speed connection, if it becomes
available during the four year period, for the remainder of the four
years, at no additional connectivity charge.
- To allow schools and boards to use the STELLAR Schools logo for
non-commercial school promotions and publications.
NOTE: Three Project Proposals must be attached.
___________________________ ______ __________________ ______
School Board Representative Date School Principal Date
___________________________ ______ _____________________________ ______
STEM~Net Representative Date Cable Atlantic Representative Date