Project 3 - Pen Pals Online
||St. Peter's Elementary
||French Immersion: 31
Core French: 54
Start and Finish Dates:
Students from grade 7 French Immersion and Core French classes at St. Peter's Elementary
will communicate with French speaking students from different parts of the world. They
will use the Internet to find these students and then use e-mail to exchange information
to their penpals online. Some students will also be responsible further development of
the school student page in order to inform the world of what is happening at St. Peter's
- use the Internet to find and communicate with other students
- use video conferencing to communicate orally in French to other students
- use Netscape Gold to create to create, publish and maintain web pages
- use a digital camera to place pictures of themselves, their school and community on
their web pages as well as send them to other students through e-mail
- use a video camera and microphone for video conferencing
- to foster a cultural awareness of themselves as well as their French speaking
French Immersion / Core French
Current technology will provide our students with the opportunity to make others aware of
the varied aspects of our culture, as well as become more aware of the French culture that
is so much apart of the language they are learning in the classroom.
Students will be evaluated throughout the project on being able to do the following
The project will broaden the students minds culturally and technically, which could only
result in more positive feelings towards the French language and culture as well as their
school. Students enthusiasm for technology would also be associated with French, which
consequently helps them see their own potential for the future.
- maintain the web site after it is published
- send e-mail including attachments
- change position and size of images on the web site
- use a digital camera, download photos, include them on the web site and send them to
people via e-mail
- create a page for a web site and link it to the appropriate page(s)
- save backgrounds and images and incorporate them on the web site
- Students would be required to keep a journal that could account for new vocab words in
French as well as new technical skills.
Feedback from visitors to the web site would play a role in evaluation as students should
find out what others really like or find confusing.
Summaries will be added as they become available.