Project 3 - Career Research
||Grandy's River Collegiate
P.O. Box 40
||Levels I, II, III
||50 - 60
Start and Finish Dates:
||April 12, 1999
June 11, 1999
Students have been deciding, by using the Choices program, what they
might want to study at a post secondary institution. They will search
the World Wide Web for different careers they might like to pursue.
Then they will write a research paper relating to the field they have
- Students will understand how the World Wide Web operates.
- Students will create a research paper to be submitted.
- Students will search for a career that corresponds with the
students interests and ambitions.
Language Arts 2101
Career Education 1101
Outcome for Technology Education:
- Due to the rapidly occurring changes many new careers are
opening. Students will use technology to research new careers
that will give them an edge to market or prepare themselves for
- With the World Wide Web as a new research tool, students will
obtain the latest information for the developing of research
proposals and assignments.
The project also addresses the intended outcomes for technology
education at the senior high level. These include:
- Evaluate the impact of global economic decisions on future
careers and lifestyles.
- Examine and consider careers in communications and
communication related fields.
- Students will submit a research paper on the career researched.
- Students will demonstrate on understanding by presenting
information found on careers.
Summaries will be added as they become available.