Project 1 - Enviro Search
||Grandy's River Collegiate
P.O. Box 40
||Levels II and III
Start and Finish Dates:
May 21, 1999
Due to the lack of information located in the school based on today's
ever changing environment, it will be a tremendous help if students
could search the Web to obtain information relating to their environment
related courses. Also, it will give them a closer connection to what is
actually happening out in the world.
- Students will learn the importance of the environment and why it
is important to conserve and help repair the damages.
- Students will gain better knowledge about environmental issues
that are occurring all over the world.
- Students will be able to relate environmental issues, from the
perspective of other people around the world to their own
- Students will be able to recognize the strong views, concerning
the environment, of others outside the local community.
Environmental Science 3205
Outcome for Technology Education:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of trying to solve environmental
- To put together an informative base to supplement the text book.
- To prepare a research paper or a topic important to them related
to the environment.
The project also addresses the intended outcomes for technology
education at the senior high level. These include:
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic communication principles
of encoding, decoding, transmitting, receiving, storing and
retrieving and how they are employed in a variety of
communications tools and media.
- Develop multiple options for a solution and identify the most
appropriate solution considering conservation of resources,
suitability of the solution, the outcomes of the solutions, and the
technical activity required to produce it.
- Students will do a research paper based on each topic chosen by
- Students will develop a science project based on the issues.
Summaries will be added as they become available.