The grade six students in the Language Arts program are studying education and lifestyles in various other countries, with the purpose of contacting students of similar ages for correspondence. The project would encompass the following topics:
Students will be encouraged to link up with other students of similar age via the Internet. Hopefully, all students will learn some information about another culture and will be able to correspond with each other through e-mail.
This project will integrate with the technology program as well as social studies and languages arts.
The following are the Learning Outcomes for this project:
- to be able to understand enough technology to use the Internet and e-mail.
- to be able to research topics and present their findings to others via the Internet.
- to be able to write pieces of correspondence using the keyboard.
- to learn about life in another country.
- to be able to compose letters.
A series of networked computers capable of running WWW software.
- Keep a record of all correspondence
- Write a journal entry describing his/her thoughts on the project when completed
- Compose a letter to the school in the country they have chosen thanking the students for participating.