|Lead Teacher:||Mr. Paul Drover|
|School:||Carbonear Integrated Collegiate|
P.O. Box 110
|Grade Level:||Level II|
|Project Start and Finish Dates:||February 21/97 - June 20/97|
This project will encourage the students enrolled in the Co-op/Enterprise Program to explore marketing opportunities via the Internet.
The students involved will learn to download information from around the world and compile a dossier of articles that have been used by
companies to promote their ventures. The students will also use the internet to do market surveys for their own enterprise ventures. This
information gathered will be stored in a binder for use within the school. The information will also be stored electronically and made
available to other schools as they access the projects website.
The information compiled in the project can be used to compliment several areas of the school curriculum. Some of those areas include:
- the economic education courses, Enterprise 2125, Enterprise 3205 and Canadian Economy. Students enrolled in these courses will be
able to access the database to search for enterprising opportunities.
- the computer studies curriculum will be enhanced as students develop computer skills in information processing.
- the Youth Internship Program S.T.O.R.E. (Students Training on Real Entrepreneurship) will also benefit from the online research as
they will be able to use the information to help with entrepreneurial venture ideas.
- C.I.C. has placed a lot of emphasis on the area of Business Education. By turning on students to the Internet, this project will
not only motivate students but will promote enterprise courses as well.
- To explore and identify marketing opportunities using the Internet.
- To show how the Internet can be used as a resource base to gather information on how to start an enterprise venture.
- To use electronic mailing as a means to carry out market research.
- To study existing enterprises that are currently using the Internet to market their products.
- To get an understanding of how technology has had an impact on the business world.
- To enable students to design web pages to promote their own enterprise ventures.
- To study financial databases to gather information on how to finance a venture.
- To compile a dossier of information to be shared within the school and with other students.
- To access databases such as Statistics Canada to help identify a target market.
- The Internet connections will provide students with a means to gather their information and it will also provide them with a means to
share the information by using electronic mail.
- We have a well equipped computer lab with access to 32 computers that are either 486s or Pentiums. Our lab has a Windows NT Server
and our student workstations run with Windows 95.
- Our school also has an Enterprise Resource Center equipped with two computers that have modems and can be easily connected to the the
The project will be evaluated as an assignment for the Co-op/Enterprise Program.