Project 1: Youth Internship I.T.P. Database
|Lead Teacher:||Mr. Brent Davis |
P.O. Box 10
|Grade Level:||Level III|
|Number of Students||18|
|Project Start and Finish Dates:||January, 1997 - June, 1997|
This project is similar to the Student Database of I.T.P.s Project at Vaters Collegiate. Students
will create a homepage on the WWW describing their Youth Internship Canada work placement.
This page will include a biography and photo of the student, information about their I.T.P.
(Individual Training Plan), and information on the employer/partner (with his/her permission).
Where appropriate, a brief video of the work placement could also be linked to the page. Any
information relating to the employer will not be published on the internet without his/her
approval and written permission. These pages, when complete, will be linked to the Lakewood
Academy school homepage. This information can then be used by other interested students to
assist in selecting an appropriate work placement in the future or as a career planning tool.
These goals are consistent with the instructional philosophy of Lakewood Academy. Also, our
Youth Internship Canada Project has the following goals which can be addressed by this project:
- i. To create a database of student placements to be used by other students when selecting
placements or career planning.
- ii. To teach students the fundamentals of HTML editing and homepage design to present
information on the internet in an attractive format.
- iii. To make students aware of the need to be technologically literate in the workforce of
- i. The student will learn how to search for and retrieve information via the Internet.
- ii. To make students more aware of the skills they need for employment in the year 2000
- iii. To help students develop an appreciation for employment opportunities related to the
increasing use of technology in the workplace.
- iv. The student will have a general knowledge of computer networks.
- v. The student will have a general knowledge of marketing in the global economy via the
Computer equipment such as scanner, digital camera, and video capture card provided by Lakewood Academy.
- HTML editing software provided by Lakewood Academy.
- Internet access through STELLAR Schools internet connection. This will allow students
to research careers and web page design as well as provide access for other students to the
homepages created and the information contained in them.
The lead teacher, the principal, and the students will all participate in the overall evaluation of
this project by discussing the project and/or completing a questionnaire in order to decide
whether or not the program:
Each student's homepage will also be graded as a project for the Youth Internship 3225 course.
- was beneficial to the student and future participants in Lakewood Academy's Youth
Internship Canada program.
- met the original goals and objectives of the project.
- offered a useful experience for the student.