Project 3: Tournament Tracker
||Derek Blackwood -
||Glovertown School System
P.O. Box 40
Tel: (709) 533-2443
Start and Finish Dates:
||Sept. 1997 - June
1998. However, we would like to establish a
database of tournament results that would be
added to each year.
Tournament Tracker will create and maintain a web site
that will display the results of all zone, regional, and
provincial tournaments that are sponsored by The
Newfoundland and Labrador High School Athletic
Federation. This project will be completed with the help
and cooperation of Karen Richard of the Athletic
In September 1997 students from the Computer
Technology 3200 class will be organized into groups. Each
group will be assigned a sport which they will be
responsible for. That group will then contact the
federation to get the host schools and contact persons
for the zone, regional, and provincial tournaments. The
group will then contact those covering the the tournament
and request the names of the teams participating and the
Each group will organize their data and create web
pages to display the results.
- to develop in each student the value of working
together in small groups towards a major project.
- to demonstrate the use of the internet to display
and retrieve data.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- the use of Fax machines and email to send and
- the use of Netscape 3.01 to create web pages.
- the use of scanners and digital cameras to add
graphics to web pages.
- the use of the internet to download graphics to
add to web pages.
- the use of programs like Corel WordPerfect and
Paint Shop Pro to add special effects to graphics
and web pages.
- the use of FTP to upload web pages to the
Students will be evaluated on how well they meet the
- overall appearance of each web page created.
- the use of graphics.
- the use of backgrounds and color schemes.
- the use of special effects.
- methods used to send and receive data.
- their ability to work together towards the
completion of a class project.