||St. Thomas Aquinas
P.O. Box 299
Port au Port, NF
Tel: (709) 648-2260
|Number of Students:
|Project Start and
||September, 1998 -
The aim of this project is to develop research skills.
These skills will be enhanced by using computers for the
Internet and Encarta. Students will also learn basic
skills such as saving information on disk, making file
cards on disk and printing necessary information (notes)
on hard copy.
Students will make oral presentations, write a
research paper and correspond with students from each of
the other provinces through e-mail and written
This project will introduce students to a wide variety
of information sources by way of the Internet and written
correspondence. This project will also make comparisons
of three provinces East, West and Central, their history,
cultural make up, population growth or decline, natural
resources, industry and geography.
Goals - Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Students will use the Internet as a communication
- Students will learn how to collect, record,
analyze and interpret data.
- Students will learn that there are many sources
of information, correspondence (personal),
government agencies, private companies, etc.
- Students will make presentations; oral and
written on various topics related to the
This project will be a multidisciplinary approach.
The various subjects will be Computer Studies,
Language Arts, Science, Math and Social Studies.
- Students will learn how to use the Internet,
upload and download files, how to send and
receive e-mail messages.
- Students will learn research skills, make notes,
write research paper from and make oral
- Students will learn how to graph demographics,
interpret data from graphs.
- Students will learn how to make comparisons of
similarities and differences in culture,
industry, education, population growth, rural and
- Students will be addressed on their written
- Students will be addressed on mapping, graphing
and tabling skills.
- Students will be addressed on oral presentations.
- Students will be addressed on their computer
skills to upload and download files, save
information from a disk and retrieve information
on a disk.
- Students will learn to work in groups and
interact with each other.