|Lead Teacher:||Wayne Lee|
|School:||St. Stephen's High School|
P.O. Box 5100
| Grade Level:||Levels II and III|
|Project Start and Finish Dates:|| April 7, 1997 - May 30, 1997|
Students will use the World Wide Web to access information regarding local and global environmental problems.
Students will compare local environmental problems as experienced in Bay St. George with similar problems as experienced in other parts of the province and compare solutions. They will also compare global environmental problems as experienced in Bay St.
George with similar environmental problems as experienced in other parts of the planet and compare solutions.
Students will access those agencies, both public and private that govern, monitor and advocate for specific local and global environmental issues.
- To have students learn to use the Internet to access information regarding a specific issue and to evaluate conflicting views on that issue.
- To have students interact with other students concerned with environmental issues.
- To have students research environmental issues locally and E-mail this information to other students interested in similar issues.
- To have students present their findings to the class at the conclusion of the project using presentation software such as Powerpoint.
Environmental Science 3205 objectives
Language - to gather, collate and organize information to address a specific issue or question.
- To understand basic communication principles of the Internet including accessing sites, downloading information and posting.
- To learn to use webservers to identify specific sites, access those sites and retrieve and use information posted there.
- To develop an understanding of the computer as a presentation tool.
Pairs of students will present their findings at the end of the project period and prepare a research paper on a specific chosen topic.
The research paper will form a beginning database for next year's class as they add