P.O. Box 7, Site 4
Flat Bay, NF.
Tele: (709) 647-3593
Fax: (709) 647-3593
|Number of Students:
|Project Start and
||December 1 to
December 19, 1998
Due to the postal strike, our class has decided to
write Santa via the Internet. Children will develop an
awareness of the computer and the concept of Internet
access. The main focus will be on writing the letters and
receiving feedback. Children will develop invaluable
language and skills, such as, printing, sounding out
letters, Language development, discussion development,
and vocabulary building.
Main Curriculum Areas
- Language Arts
- Science, technology, and computers.
School Curriculum Areas
- Thematic Approach to teaching the theme
Christmas. Topic Lesson Plan, is Letters to
- Student centered instruction through learning
- An approach to individual learning styles will be
- Attempt to integrate technology using our newly
formed computer room. The computer will be used
for typing letters, and Internet access through
the staffroom computer for the present time.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO's):
- Engage in oral communications.
- Follow simple direction.
- Tell a simple story in proper sequence.
- Know that letters are put together to make words.
- Recognize some print.
- Read simple books independently.
- Match letters to sound.
- Attempt to communicate through print.
- Match items one-to-one.
- Read and print numerals to 10.
- Use the terms longer, shorter, wider, thicker and
- Even though we have completed this project, the
Stellar Schools Internet Connection will enhance
future "Searching for Santa" projects.
We used the staffroom computer to send out
- This process (lesson plan) will take 2-3 weeks.
If we had Stellar School statis and 3 computers
hooked up, which is our goal, the process would
have been quicker.
- Opportunity to access current information on
- Opportunity to write Santa and receive letters.
- Information Books on Santa and Christmas.
- CD ROM encyclopedia information.
- Anecdotal Notes.
- Letter recognition.
- Work Samples.