Compare information given in text (19984) with Nain as it exists in 1997.
- Learn about historical/cultural background of people in
- Develop a respect for the values and difference
lifestyles of the Inuit of Labrador.
- Project will help fulfil objectives of the Grade 4
Social Studies Unit on Nain.
- Project is designed to extend students
knowledge/understanding of the cultural and social
dynamics of a small native community.
- School in Nain - Grade 4 Students?
- Communicate through use of E-Mail
- Pictures of community?
- Link to other native communities.
- Social Studies
- Language Arts - Writing / Logs / Reading, etc.
- Art - Poster of Native traditions
- Science - Landforms / Weather / Graphing
- Math - Problem Solving, using data from the Community
- Compare life in our community of Deer Lake with life
in Nain (similarities/differences). Develop an
understanding of native culture.
- Compile a summary of "E-Mail" - i.e. Keep a
- Sharing of pictures.
- Camera / Videos?
- Library Resources
- reporting to class.
- compile a class log re: E-Mail.
- Post test.
- Focus Group discussions on what they have learned.
- Review of goals and learning outcomes.