Project 1: Rainforests
Goals of the Project:
- Find out first hand information about the
- Compare animal life and climate with Newfoundland.
- Develop an understanding of culture
- Be paired with an age appropriate class located near
- Communicate in English through E-Mail - exchange
- Search the Web
- Partner with other Schools in Rainforest areas
- This project was started in Grade 3 (1995-96)
(Rainforest Theme). We hope to expand on this theme by
- Social Studies
- Better communication skills.
- Learn (netiquette) how to communicate through E-Mail.
- Letter writing.
- To understand the value of rainforests.
- To understand how the rainforests affect us in
- Videotape on Rainforest.
- Encarta CD Rom
- Dangerous Animals (CD Rom)
- Library Books
- Use of Insect Specialists (Dept of Forestry)
- Classroom Observation.
- Compile Class Log (re: E-Mail)
- Childrens Responses.
- Survey of Students on what they liked about the
- Review of Objectives and Outcomes