Project 2: A La Recherche D'amis
|Lead Teachers:||Barbara Girardin - Corresponding Teacher|
Marie Thérêse, Serrus
|School:||C.C. Loughlin School|
Corner Brook, NF
|Grade Level:||Grade Two, French Immersion|
|Number of Students:||24|
|Project Start and Finish Dates:||Oct. 21, 1996 - June 1997|
Students will correspond with a CM2 class in Carcassonne, France at L'Ecole Castors II. Children will correspond on an individual basis and through group projects via the Internet. Information about self, school, and community will be communicated to French friends on an on-going basis.
- To improve literacy skills and facilitate the acquisition of the French language through telecommunications.
- To expose children to the various customs and traditions important to children in France.
- To teach foreign students about the way of life in Newfoundland.
- To have the children demonstrate the basic communication principles of encoding, decoding, transmitting, receiving and retrieving).
- To develop communication skills that will facilitate life-long learning among the children.
- Presentation projector for the purpose of viewing e-mail
- Colour scanner for purpose of transmitting student photographs
- Can compose and edit letters using a word processing program
- Can upload and download e-mail messages
- Can describe at least three ways in which Corner Brook and Carcassone, France are similar and three ways they are different
- Improve their communication skills in a second language (Reading, writing and revising messages)